- What is Mobile Deposit Capture?
BHFCU’s Mobile Deposit Capture is a convenient and secure service that gives you the ability to electronically deposit checks into your account. With the BHFCU mobile app, you can photograph the front and back of the check you’d like deposited whenever and wherever it’s convenient for you. To read more about Mobile Deposit Capture, please follow the following link.
Mobile Deposit Capture PDF
- Is Mobile Deposit Capture secure?
Yes. As always, BHFCU continues to protect the confidentiality and security of your online financial activities. Mobile Deposit Capture is simply a component of BHFCU’s mobile app. The same technology we use to protect you and your accounts while you’re using our app keeps you protected while using Mobile Deposit Capture.
- What do I need for Mobile Deposit Capture?
A valid BHFCU account in good standing.
A BHFCU Mobile Banking account and the BHFCU mobile app. (Click the link below for information on enrolling in Mobile Banking.)
A compatible smartphone with Internet access and a camera.
- How do I get Mobile Deposit Capture?
If you have the BHFCU mobile app, you already have Mobile Deposit Capture. If not, enroll in BHFCU’s Online Banking, read and accept the User Agreement, and download the BHFCU mobile app from your Apple or Android App Store. You do not need to sign up or download anything extra.
- To which BHFCU accounts can I send a Mobile Deposit Capture?
Deposits cannot be made to a Certificate of Deposit, IRA or HSA account.
- What is my login ID and password for Mobile Deposit Capture?
You don’t have a separate login and password. To access Mobile Deposit Capture, login to the BHFCU app and select Deposit from the bottom bar.
- Do I have to pay for Mobile Deposit Capture?
BHFCU doesn’t charge you any fees for Mobile Deposit Capture. You may want to check with your wireless carrier to verify message and data rates don’t apply.
- What type of software does my phone require for Mobile Deposit Capture?
- Can I access my account from more than one smartphone?
Yes, if those mobile phones are added to your online banking account. To do this, select the Self-Service tab in your online banking account and choose Sign Up/Manage My Money.
- Can I access multiple BHFCU accounts from my smartphone?
Yes. You can access any account where you have ownership rights.
- When will my Mobile Deposit Capture be credited to my account?
Deposits made before 2:30 p.m. MST on business days will be credited on that same business day. Deposits made after 2:30 p.m. MST on business days will be credited the following business day. Credit union holds may apply.
- When will my Mobile Deposit Capture be available for use?
Funds from most deposits made through Mobile Deposit Capture will be available on the second business day after the day you receive credit for your deposit.
If you make a deposit before 2:30 p.m. MST on a business day, we will consider that day to be the day of deposit. If a deposit is made after 2:30 p.m. MST on a business day, the following business day will be considered your date of deposit.
- What is considered a business day?
BHFCU business days are Monday through Friday. Saturdays, Sundays and Federal holidays are not considered business days.
- Are there any deposit limits?
Yes. The daily maximum deposit is limit is $2,500.
- How many checks can I deposit?
You can deposit one check at a time, but multiple deposits can be submitted each day.
- What type of checks can I deposit with Mobile Deposit Capture?
Federal Reserve checks
U.S. Treasury checks
- What types of checks cannot be deposited with Mobile Deposit Capture?
Checks greater than $2,500
Checks payable to cash
Checks in foreign currency or drawn on a foreign bank
Third party checks
Checks without a valid endorsement on the back
- How should I endorse checks deposited using Mobile Deposit Capture?
Checks must be endorsed by all parties listed as payees on the check. The term, “For mobile deposit only, BHFCU account #___________ ” should be written under the signature before a picture is taken.
- How long should I keep my checks after I deposit them?
Checks deposited using Mobile Deposit Capture should be securely retained for 90 days. After this time, the original check may be destroyed.
- Are my deposits made real-time?
No. At this time deposits are not real-time. After you confirm your deposit, it will move into a Pending status. The status of your deposit will change to Accepted once the Credit Union has reviewed your deposit and deemed it acceptable to forward on for posting. An accepted status does not mean the deposit has been credited to the account. The credit of the deposit will not occur until later, when we receive and post the credit to your account.
- How can I check the status of my deposit?
While in Online Banking, click the Deposit tab, then select View Deposit History. Next to your deposit, an icon will indicate the status of the deposit.
- How do I view details about my deposit?
While in Online Banking, click the Deposit tab, then select View Deposit History. A list of your scanned deposits will display. If you select the deposit, you can view the deposit details, along with a copy of the front and back of the check deposited.
- How long is my deposit history available for viewing?
Deposit history is available for viewing online for 90 days with your mobile device. Check images captured by your mobile device are available for 45 days. For deposit history or check images older than their available timeframe, contact our Call Center at 605.718.1818 or 1.800.482.2428.
- If I have questions or problems, where can I go to receive help?
Mobile Deposit is a user-friendly, self-service product which prompts you at each step. Our Call Center is also available to help; they can be reached at 605.718.1818 or 1.800.482.2428.