We Improve Lives
Since Black Hills Federal Credit Union opened its doors in 1941, we've been a South Dakota credit union dedicated to providing the great service and excellent products you and your family need to succeed. We've helped members buy cars, move into homes, insure their assets, start a business, retire comfortably, and much more.
With 18 locations throughout South Dakota and now into Montana, we're a full-service credit union passionate about serving our members and improving lives in our community. Our friendly, knowledgeable financial and lending experts are here to help you reach your personal and financial goals.
We have the fundamental belief that we, as an organization, can and will improve lives.
Rooted in the centuries-old credit union philosophy of people helping people, we maintain a simple premise:
Those we interact with will receive equal and just treatment, devoid of intolerance, false judgment, racism, or discrimination of any kind. We must not accept less if we are to fulfill our mission, “We Improve Lives.” This mission empowers us to serve the greater good and to make a difference in our world.
Additionally, we're committed to helping people through our a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization working to improve lives in our communities.
A Legacy of People Helping People
- Discover the benefits of being a member-owner of BHFCU
- Empower your finances with a personal or business account
- Explore our great youth accounts for kids and teens
- Take advantage of our great loan products
- Access your funds anywhere, any time
- Meet the Volunteers who lead BHFCU and our Management Team
- Get an inside look at BHFCU's growth and progress
- Learn more about our Legacy of People Helping People
- Use our switch kit to easily transfer your accounts to BHFCU
Read the latest headlines here. View all News & Events